Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Carbon Black Acquired: The buyer is VMware.
2. Cloud Security & Financial Services Regulations: Two U.S. lawmakers have called on a top financial regulatory panel to consider direct oversight of the cloud services big tech companies provide to banks, saying they have become a critical component of the global financial system, Reuters reports.
3. Talent – Cyber Investigations & Forensics: BlackStone Discovery, a legal technology and consulting provider, has hired Microsoft veteran Angela Leifson as cyber investigator and forensic specialist.
4. Talent – Cloud Security & Compliance: Nutanix CIO Wendy M. Pfeiffer has joined the Qualys board of directors. Qualys, which specializes in cloud-based security and compliance solutions, has a strong MSSP partner program.
5. Cybersecurity – Quantum Computing: At the Second Post-Quantum Cryptography Standardization Conference organized by NIST, IBM described:
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.
This is a syndicated post. Read the original post at Source link .