Our international client, a world-leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Quantum Chemical Engineer for their quantum lab in Delft.
Our client’s research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing.
Material science and fabrication are the foundation and the enablers of qubit devices. The lab deals with complex stacks of different materials combined at the nanoscale and require state-of-the-art metrology and in-depth morphological, structural and compositional analysis. Fabrication of qubit devices is a challenging, multi-step process pushing the boundaries of nanotechnology and nano-patterning techniques. You can play a key role in the development of their ground-breaking approach to quantum computing by helping to realise quantum devices with quality and control well beyond the current state of the art.
One of the main processes to fabricated devices is to use wet and dry (reactive) etch processes in a top-down process. In addition, the devices need to be free of organic residues for which processes based on oxygen-plasma and nitric acid cleaning needs to be optimised.
We are looking for an engineer with a chemistry background to set-up and maintain the wet and dry (reactive) etch processes.
Job Profile for Quantum Chemical Engineer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Typical tasks and rhythm:
- Develop and maintain wet and/or dry-etch process for metals (Al, Au, Nb, Pb) and semiconductors (InSb and InAs)
- Optimise device/substrate cleanliness with Acetone/NMP, nitric acid and oxygen plasma
- Inspection of results by AFM, SEM, stepper, and optical microscope
- Priority of tasks and time spent:
- Setting up wet and dry etch processes – quality evaluation feedback loop
- Interaction level with others:
- Interaction with our client’s Nanolab clean room staff for the machine’s status/maintenance. Communicating the status of the machines, processes stability and films quality to other team members
- The number of developed recipes which are stable and fulfil the requirement of the team
Candidate Profile for Quantum Chemical Engineer
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in developing process recipes with (vapor-) HF, TMAH for wet processes and F, Cl and Br for dry-processes, nitric acid cleaning and oxygen plasma
- Advanced user level for metrology: knowledge in metrology methods, such as an optical microscope, AFM, SEM and stepper
- Expertise of III-V materials and high-k dielectrics is a plus
- Experience with design for six sigma (DFSS), design of an experiment is desirable but not mandatory
- Ability to quickly integrate and work in a multi-disciplinary, international team and effectively collaborate and communicate to meet the deadlines and deliver against program goals
- Experience during the Master/Bachelor thesis is not enough
What Our Client Offers
- The opportunity to join a team working on the most advanced research within the IT world
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance
40 hours per week
.(tagsToTranslate)Quantum Chemical Engineer – English(t)Quantum Chemical Engineer – English in North Holland(t)Schiphol-rijk(t)expat jobs the Netherlands(t)expat(t)jobs the Netherlands
This is a syndicated post. Read the original post at Source link .