Forest seats him at a desk and just tells him to “code”. “I’m not going to tell you. I won’t need to. Just sit, read the code, take your time. And don’t worry, you’re gonna figure it out. I know you are, he says as he leaves him alone at a desk. Sergei begins reading long lines of complex code, horrified by what he sees, he sprints out of the building. Forest spots him coming out of the building and catches him before he can tell anyone about their plans. Forest reflects on his philosophy of the universe to Sergei, “I forgive you, you could have only done what you did”, he says before having his lackey strangle him with a plastic bag. This sparks a whole chain of events that gets Sergei’s girlfriend, Lily Chan, suspicious.
Devs is the sci-fi show to watch
Confident that something went awry, Lily begins a solo investigation into Sergei’s death, and she is not willing to drop it. This also brings concerns to Amaya, as they know that the trail will eventually lead back to them.
With only three episodes released thus far, there are enough twists, turns, and dystopian imagery that would keep any sci-fi fan hooked. After Lily begins investigating, the show does not pull punches or hold back. The inside of Devs appears to be something inspired by Bladerunner 2049, with the futuristic and unsettling dim, but golden glow and very angular interior. This interior is not warm or welcoming, rather, it is cold, dark, and secretive. Another repeat visual we see is the Amaya logo: a little girl reaching out her hands. Amaya not only has the face of this smiling girl plastered on most buses and signs, but also built a God-like statue that towers over Silicon Valley and the Amaya campus. You see her emerge from the trees and fog just vaguely. With these visuals, Amaya is trying to play God, or control the people.
Though, be warned, this show takes itself pretty seriously, so there are no light-hearted moments nor jokes. However, if you are looking for a serious, thrilling, and intense sci-fi show, this is the one.
By Stephanie Bock
More Interesting Stories From Hollywood Insider
– A Tribute To The Academy Awards: All Best Actor/Actress Speeches From The Beginning Of Oscars 1929-2019 | From Rami Malek, Leonardo DiCaprio To Marlon Brando & Beyond | From Olivia Colman, Meryl Streep To Bette Davis & Beyond
– Why Queen Elizabeth II Is One Of The Greatest Monarchs | Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of United Queendom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
– Compilation: All James Bond 007 Opening Sequences From 1962 Sean Connery to Daniel Craig
– In the 32nd Year Of His Career, Keanu Reeves’ Face Continues To Reign After Launching Movies Earning Over $4.3 Billion In Total – “John Wick”, “Toy Story 4”, “Matrix”, And Many More
– Want GUARANTEED SUCCESS? Remove these ten words from your vocabulary| Transform your life INSTANTLY
This is a syndicated post. Read the original post at Source link .