DESPARDES — A Pakistani defense expert commenting on the latest US-China war in Pacific simulation says:
- The possibility of such an outcome is increasing with every passing day.
- There are two pillars of US primacy: international fiscal system with US Dollar as reserve currency and US military.
- Within the US military the main pillars of its strength are space-based systems ( primarily satellites) and US Navy aircraft carriers.
- Chinese have adopted a well thought out strategy to neutralize these US assets through a strategy called A2/AD ( Anti Access/ Area Denial). Learning their lessons from First Gulf War, Chinese concluded that to defeat any US military intervention, the first step is to deny US, the ability to project and deploy a superior force within close neighborhood (sea or land) of China. Space based assets and aircraft carriers play important role in such a force projection.
- Having developed a robust A2/AD capability, Chinese military is adding capability for operations in far areas ( referring to expeditionary operations ). China has and is investing great deal of money and R&D in air and naval technologies to be able to defend near waters and project force to far waters/ areas.
- During the ongoing Corona relief operations, many observers have noted the silent inaugural use of Y 20 strategic airlift aircraft by Chinese military which showcases the increasing military prowess of Chinese armed forces.
- Secondly, in all the emerging technological fields including AI, Quantum computing/communications, 5G technologies etc, China is way ahead of the West and US. The identified yaw is only bound to increase.
The expert spoke to DesPardes on condition of anonymity as he’s not authorized to comment officially.
THE US/CHINA REPORT: Eye-opening’ Pentagon war games revealed the US is vulnerable to China and an attack from the superpower would lead to the US ‘suffering capital losses’
US defense sources told The Times that one Pentagon simulation based on the year 2030 when China would have new attack submarines, aircraft carriers and destroyers, resulted in the US being overwhelmed by the nation’s force. The threat is however more immediate than 2030
Every US base in the Indo-Pacific Command region is considered to be at risk of attack now with the US island territory Guam a particular concern
Taiwan is the ‘most volatile issue’ between the two nations, sources said
A source said the Pentagon is developing more hypersonic weapons (more than five times the speed of sound) and arming marine units along China’s seas with anti-ship missiles in preparation
Tensions between the US and China have escalated in recent months as the coronavirus pandemic has ravaged the globe.
This is a syndicated post. Read the original post at Source link .