Sophisticated technologies have many advantages along with many diverse disadvantages. The most critical disadvantage of them is the growing cyber threats.
(Newswire.net — January 26, 2021) — In the last decade or so, the digital world has seen many advances like cloud computing, AI, Blockchain, the Internet of Things, and other things. These sophisticated technologies have many advantages along with many diverse disadvantages. Among them, the most critical disadvantage of them is the growing cyber threats. Here, we will come to know about the trending cyber security issues in 2020:
- Insecure Mobile Sets: The protection of mobile sets has become one of the critical aspects of cyber security. Adding company emails to our mobile phone and connecting that to WI-FI networks can expose your important information to others. Similarly, instant messaging and file-sharing services can make the job of cyber criminals easy in getting access to your mobiles.
- Negligence in Use of Social Network: The general behavior of the employees in accessing the social media platforms can put the company’s cyber security in jeopardy. The downloading of untested files or posting of images and information about a particular day’s activities can provide valuable clues to cyber criminals.
- Inadequate Device Controls & Shared Logins: When the staff leaves their chairs or workstations, the access needs to their used devices should be restricted with passwords or another authentication mechanism. These locking methods should include difficult passwords or rely on manual processes. There should be a process where the system would be automatically locked if the user didn’t work for a definite period.
- Laxity in Passwords & Permissions: The IT security responsibilities are shared between employees and management. The accessibility permissions to some selected files, documents, or downloading of certain programs shouldn’t be given to everyone. Organizations should implement access control mechanisms.
- State-Sponsored Attack: Latest cyber crime activities go beyond making money or demanding ransom from an individual or to steal corporate data. Nowadays, the entire state and government machinery was used to breach the critical cyber infrastructure. The business organizations related to geopolitical disputes are, particularly at risk.
- Advanced Computing Techniques Threatening Cryptography: Though the quantum computing methods are new, these can perform more commanding computations than present-day machines. It will help the cyber attackers to decode cryptographic codes.
For this, the organizations have to formulate their respective information security policies. These security policies are a group of suggestions or laws that the company has to follow to keep its IT system safe and immune to malicious attacks. The information security policies would be different for a different level of employees. These information security rules are formulated about data security, computer usage, or about varied themes like emails, networks, or physical security. These detailed policies are intended for operational use and generally focused on the narrowing field of security activity. Examples of these policies include classification policy, Backup and Access control policy, Password, clear desk, or clear screen policy. Then, other policies include use for network services, mobile computing, and cryptogenic control policies. Information security rules are too complex in defining in a single format.
This is a syndicated post. Read the original post at Source link .