Research / Academic
-the development and application of quantum algorithms to problems in computer science, physics and chemistry, and
-through the development and application of machine learning and AI methods to address the challenges of quantum information and quantum physics.
We offer a tenure track appointment as assistant professor that upon successful performance will lead to promotion to a tenured position as associate professor and upon continued growth to promotion to full professor. (In exceptional cases, initial appointment at a higher level is possible.) We offer a clear and inviting career path, support in the development of your personal and professional skills, and an attractive start-up package. We actively support learning Dutch through departmentally funded courses.
Locally the position will be embedded in the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science , with a diverse research agenda in theoretical foundations, formal methods, and applications in the field of artificial intelligence and data science. Nationally, we are a partner of the Quantum Software Consortium, a multidisciplinary group of researchers from the universities of Amsterdam, Leiden and Delft, with backgrounds in computer science, mathematics, engineering, and physics. We are one of the five research hubs of the Quantum Delta NL program for the development of quantum technology. We share students and postdocs with QuTech in Delft, where we can try out ideas on quantum hardware.
· Establish an independent, internationally recognized research line in computer science, AI, quantum information science and technology;
· Acquire external funds through research grants and/or industrial collaborations;
· Teach at the undergraduate and graduate level in computer science;
· Supervise MSc and PhD students in their thesis work;
· Contribute to the inclusive atmosphere, management and organization of the institute
Niels Bohrweg 1
This is a syndicated post. Read the original post at Source link .